Friday, October 31, 2008

PUMPKIN WAFFLE HEAVEN


A couple weekends ago I had the privilege of spending a pumpkin-filled evening with one of my favorite friends. We started with delicious pumpkin waffles (which I have officially dubbed as Pumpkin Waffle Heaven... as in, "I died and went to PWH"), then moved along to pumpkin carving. Jake's jack-o-lantern was, of course, PERFECT... Mine looked more like a disco-ball, but it was adorable in its own whimsical, polka-dotted kind of way. Jake, if you ever read this, will you please send me the photos so that I can post them here for all the world to see?

Anyway, being that today is All Hallows Eve, I thought it would be appropriate to share this amazing recipe with the class:

PUMPKIN WAFFLE HEAVEN


2 cups flour
1 T cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp coriander
4 eggs (separated... keep both parts)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups milk (maybe a tiny bit more)
1 T vanilla
1/2 cup margarine

Mix dry ingredients, then add egg YOLKS, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, and margarine. Beat 4 egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the batter.

To top it off, make this delicious dream:


BUTTERMILK SYRUP

1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp corn syrup (light)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Bring buttermilk, butter, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil. Remove from heat once boiling and add baking soda and vanilla. Stir until it settles.

I hope you all enjoy...
Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Lest you think I neglected to read both posts . . . I will vouch for the awesomeness of the carved pumpkins. Hopefully some real pictures of them can be posted someday. You had an awesome photographer ;)

Paige said...

Oh my goodness...those sound divine...I mean heavenly!!!! :) Sounds like the perfect pumpkin evening. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Kristan said...

I can't believe I neglected your blog and didn't find out about this recipe sooner! I can't wait to try it.