My one fear was that it might rain the entire time, but it turned out that luck was on my side; on Saturday the sun was shining and the sky was blue. Derek & I took advantage of this wonderful fact. We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge, up to a little lookout point over by Sausalito (where there was a fantastic view of the bridge) and then back. We figured that round-trip, this was almost a 6 mile walk, which I LOVED... it made me feel so energized and alive! Derek had a brilliant idea to take a photo every other lamp post on the way back across the bridge, so I have posted a few for your viewing enjoyment. There were about 5 million to choose from (mostly quasi-semi-pseudo crappy), so I limited it to my 3 favorites:
Lamp Post # 1,031,319: "We should probably spice these photos up."
After the photo shoot, we ate lunch at this lovely little place: http://www.cafegratitude.com/, where I was fulfilled and Derek was refreshed. Then we headed to Chinatown to take a "tour" of an antiquated fortune cookie factory, which was apropos since I have consumed roughly 150 fortune cookies this month (this is not hyperbole...more on that another day): http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/attractions/ggfortunecookie.html.
We then met up with some of Derek's SF pals and participated in a Chinese New Year Treasure Hunt, which was an interesting and clever event. The following link will show you some sample clues: http://www.sftreasurehunts.com/hunts/sample_clues.html. After over 3 hours of hunting, we decided to throw in the towel and nourish our bodies at the House of Nan King, which is a ghettrofied (word is made up, but I think you get it) yet delicious Chinese food establishment in Chinatown.
The weekend was enriching for me, and I was grateful to get away from the doldrums to spend high-quality time in good company in an invigorating city. As with every other time I've been to San Francisco, I left my heart there...
3 comments:
SO fun!!! And so cute! I love the third picture. Very modelesque. Sounds like a great trip Rachie. Last time I went to SF we also went to that look-out across the bridge. I thought it was a fabulous view of the city. Love it! Can't wait for your mini-vacation to Phoenix. See you soon!
sounds like a great weekend...and a cozy one too ;)
I'm so stinkin' jealous! I want to leave my heart in San Fran.
PS - I love the gazillion bridge pictures. Really though you should have posted more.
Post a Comment