Saturday, June 6, 2009

BON APPETIT!

I just finished Julia Child's autobiography, My Life in France, which was delightful, to say the least! Julia and her husband, Paul, were both very passionate people, and this book made me feel like they truly lived life to its fullest. I loved reading about their relationship with each other, and the different ways they were able to support one other through various periods of time. Although I know practically nothing about cooking and wine, it was fun to learn a little about the technicalities of the cooking process that Julia worked so hard to perfect for her cookbooks. Also, the novel was filled with a smattering of Paul's photographs, which were impressive, to say the least. If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend this. The book will make any reasonable human want to go to Paris.
I was fascinated to hear about Julia's intensity and focus in life. She might have been hard to be friends with, due to a highly dominating personality (just speculating), but here is a photo of the two of us, taken a few summers ago at the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. I would love to go back and spend more time dissecting the replica of her kitchen sometime soon...


But in the meantime, bon appetit!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Can I borrow it? You should tell Krissytan to read it.

Mindy said...

Turns out, I really don't like to read all that much, but this might be one that I enjoy.

Plus it might urge on a trip to Paris :)