1) Visited Philly for the first time... beautiful.
Highlights: quality time with my sisters, Betsy Ross' home, the tour guide at Independence Hall, meeting Will Shortz (my idol), wearing matching t-shirts to a sudoku competition, having our photo with WS in the Philadelphia Inquirer, running up the "Rocky" steps, spending a lovely autumnal Sunday outside the city with our friend, Brian.
2) Learning that I have a minor case of shingles... mess.
Thought I was the victim of some crazy spider or allergy, but nope... the real deal shingles. It will be a dream when they go away, eh?
3) Jason Mraz concert... beautiful.
I wasn't incredibly familiar with Jason prior to the concert, but was invited by my friend, Kristan. We all fell in love with the man. Let's face it... he plays the guitar, has curly hair, and has some pretty sweet dance moves. The concert exceeded my expectations, to say the least!
4) Joshua Radin/Missy Higgins concert... beautiful.
I loved (and still DO love) Joshua even more than Jason. My friend, Kristan, encouraged me to throw all caution to the wind and attend this concert... a) having never once heard any of the songs prior & b) having just been to Jason Mraz the night before. I was SOOOOO glad I opted in, as I now have a new favorite musician. Check out Joshua's song "Closer" if all you want to do is cry.... SO good! "I'd Rather Be With You" and "Brand New Day" also became fast favorites. Thanks, K!
5) Car accident... mess.
A sweet middle-aged lady forgot to check her blind-spot before changing lanes and ran into my car, thus denting/scraping the entire driver's side. I am grateful no one was injured, but obviously wish she had taken the brief moment to survey the scene before maneuvering her car my direction. I hope the repairs don't take long.
6) Halloween... beautiful.
I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the entire world!!!
7) Various conversations/correspondence with good friends... beautiful.
Need I say more? I feel fortunate to know so many stellar individuals!
8) Official expansion of my cereal repertoire... beautiful.
Move over, Grape-Nut Flakes. I still love you, but you've got a rival now....
9) Blogging twice in one day... mess.
Who does that?!? Please don't neglect the post below, though.... those pumpkin waffles would be on the beautiful list if they were from this past week.
10) Looking forward to a good night's sleep (which has been messily lacking this week)... beautiful.
Can't wait for my head to hit the pillow. I think I'm going to sleep tight tonight.
3 comments:
You have had quite the week. It was fun to see you last night. WE will see you soon.
Pheush . . . I'm glad the weeks over. Hopefully next week will be a beautiful outcome.
PS - Love the links
W-O-W!!! What a week! Holy cow. First off, let me just say sorry to hear about the shingles, that's a total bummer. I'm sending get well vibes your way! Secondly, I have been completely obsessed with Jason Mraz for years and I am so disappointed that I never shared him with you. So glad Krissy introduced you. He is a true talent. You have to get all of his CDs. LOVE!!!
Post a Comment