Saturday, December 13, 2008

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE


I have been beyond lazy today. Lazy to the tenth power..... But it was a highly stressful week at the office, and it has been very nice to unwind/relax today. There were moments when I felt like I wasn't going to make it through this last blasted week, but I finally did... and the relief I felt when I arrived home last night is indescribable. This morning I took the liberty of sleeping in, and when I awoke, there was a beautiful blanket of white snow on the ground. I normally hate the snow, but for some reason today I love it.... maybe because I am not obligated to go anywhere, and so I can just watch it from the window.

I decided to wrap Christmas presents in my pajamas while watching "It's a Wonderful Life." The older I get, the more I love and appreciate that movie. I think it's good to be reminded that human beings are so intertwined, and the way we treat others definitely has an impact on who they (and we) become. "No man is a failure who has friends." Yes, it certainly is a wonderful life.