Thursday, January 1, 2009

FRESH

Oh, how I love New Year's Day, and all the self-reflection related thereto... Life is so busy that sometimes it's not easy to take the time to contemplate the bigger picture and correct your life's course... but it is so important! 2008 was, indeed, an eventful year.

I traveled...

Two trips to The Happiest Place on Earth, two trips to Beantown, one trip to Kiwi Land, one trip to the Adirondacks, one trip to the City of Brotherly Love, one trip to St. George... and I feel like I'm even forgetting one more trip I took. Maybe it will come to me...
I read...


The Many Lives & Secret Sorrow of Josephine B. (and the rest of the trilogy) by Sandra Gulland, Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, 1/2 of Stiff by Mary Roach (which I will finish soon, I'm sure), Winter Wheat by Mildred Walker. I'm sure I read more books than that, but those were the most noteworthy.

I ate...
Lots of popcorn, hot chocolate, 730 pieces of toast, and thousands of Peanut M&M's.
I welcomed...
Another nephew into the world, the opportunity to go to various plays and concerts, darker hair, rekindled friendships, the summer, the opportunity to meet one of my idols, tulip blooms, growth in my position at work, the opportunity to work in a brand new office building that smells divine, the chance to spend time with my family and friends, the end of an extremely negative relationship, the potential to love someone better, the time I was able to spend at the temple, Friday afternoons, new earrings from Tiffany & Co. that I've wanted for ages, my sister's recently discovered sense of humor and the corresponding laughter, and on and on and on.
Yes, 2008 was a good year, but I'm pretty darn sure 2009 is going to be even better. Bring on the good times!!
P.S. I apologize about the formatting issues in this blog; I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is causing the problems...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

What are you talking about?!? I believe I've always been funny.

2008 was great! Thanks for all of the memories :)

Kate said...

That's a lot of toast . . . talk about a good year!

bug and dude said...

I thinks its great you counted all your toast! You have done a lot of fun things last year. Love ya

Paige said...

Wow!!! Sounds like 2008 was a blast and a half! I can't believe how much you travel. I love it! So much fun. Here's to adding a trip to the AZ in 2009. See you soon! P.S. Lay off the toast.